With LinkedIn being the most business-relevant of all the social media platforms available, it has become not only a valuable resource to the real estate industry, but a necessary one. LinkedIn is one of the primary ways that people go about researching business professionals. A fully optimized LinkedIn profile is therefore vital to the success of your real estate business. Here are some ways that you can get more from LinkedIn:
1. Obtain Recommendations- Recommendations are a unique and integral feature of LinkedIn. They are glowing testimonials of your work and character from other business professionals. There really is no better form of promoting your business than having solid recommendations from others sitting in your profile for clients and prospects to see. Request recommendations from colleagues, past employers and satisfied clients. Recommendations are valuable endorsements. And, LinkedIn maintains that users with recommendations are three times as likely to garner inquiries via LinkedIn searches.
2. Join Groups – By joining an industry specific group (or even two or three!), you are able to participate in conversations, discussions, able to ask & answer questions and generally network with like-minded industry people. A valuable way of making connections and garnering information. LinkedIn even allows you to start your own group to get the ball rolling!
3. Participate in Answering Questions – As a means of positioning yourself as an industry expert, LinkedIn allows for you to answer questions that others pose. Another great way to network and showcase your brilliant real estate savvy!
4. Keep up with Relevant News – A key to success is staying well informed and on top of industry news. The LinkedIn Today feature allows you to do just that. LinkedIn Today delivers the day’s most important news, specific to you, based on what your connections and industry peers are sharing and reading.
5. Promote your Events – The LinkedIn Events tool is an innovative application that allows you to market your events to your core audience. Whether it’s an Open House, a client appreciation event or a training event, LinkedIn enables you to effortlessly promote your event and, via the same application, you are also able to source out events that others are holding that you might be interested in attending.
6. Buy Direct Ads – LinkedIn’s Direct Ads application is the answer to all of your customized marketing solutions! At minimal cost, this application allows you to deliver targeted advertising as a means through which you are able to direct other LinkedIn users to your LinkedIn page or your business’ website. More effective than and not nearly as costly as traditional advertising!
The above suggestions are an overview of some brilliant ways to use LinkedIn to successfully market your real estate business. In upcoming posts, I will go over some of these applications in more detail and in the meantime, why not join one of our informative Social Networking for Business workshops to get the most out of your LinkedIn account and all of your other social media endeavors! Just click on following link for a schedule of workshops in your area: http://onlineerealty.com/schedule.php