You’re undoubtedly familiar with the term social media and likely with at least some of the various platforms. Are you aware, however, that social media are one of the most resourceful tools at the disposal of a real estate agent? Are you aware of the impact that social media can truly have on your business in terms of growth and simplification? Social media are definitely not just for kids anymore. The fastest growing demographic on Facebook is people over 35 years of age – in fact people over 50 are becoming the most prolific users of this ever popular social networking site!
With over 20 million Canadians currently on Facebook and over 200 million tweets being posted per day on Twitter, just think about the implications these statistics have for you as a real estate agent. Ten to 1, more of your clients and prospects than you think are connected and that means you have to be too!!
Here are just some of the ways you can you use social media to successfully grow your business:
1. Facebook – The hottest way to showcase real estate is currently via Facebook. Create a Facebook page as a means of marketing an individual home or all of your listings. You can post photos as well as information pertinent to each property on your Facebook page. And, the great thing about Facebook is that even if most of the “Friends” in your immediate network are not currently in the market for a home, they might have “Friends” that are, and by the very nature of Facebook, they can forward the listing information to these “Friends” – and you shine! Any listing that’s forwarded from one Facebook page to another is sure to generate a wealth of exposure.
2. Twitter – Twitter is a great way of distributing short, relevant bursts of information to an extremely wide audience. To generate some buzz on a listing that you’re excited about, simply tweet away on the virtues of the property in order to create interest and entice prospects to want to check out the photos on your Facebook page (you’ll have the accounts linked so that they’re interactive). Twitter is a terrific means of support for your Facebook account, your YouTube videos and your Blog (see below).
3. LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the professional’s social media platform – the place to connect with other like-minded business professionals. Use LinkedIn to get recommended and as a means of sourcing out and sharing info with other real estate pros!
4. YouTube – Just think about the possibilities with respect to home tour videos! Simply upload them to your YouTube account, and off you go! Your prospects will appreciate the virtual tour through the home that they saw listed on your Facebook page. You are allowing your prospects to garner so much information without having to leave the comfort of their homes and their computer screens – something they will very much appreciate.
5. Blogs – Generate further buzz by blogging about your listings – you can be as creative and descriptive as you want, and again, ensure that you include links to your YouTube videos and your Facebook page within your blog. You can furthermore relay relevant real estate news and information to your clients and prospects within your blog – information that they will find very useful. So, you come out looking like the hero – the veritable go-to guru for all things real estate!
The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to social media and the real estate professional. Let us show you how social media can help you grow your business. Come and join one of our Social Media for Business workshops – please visit: http://www.onlineerealty.com/schedule.php