If you’re a real estate professional in today’s market, then it’s important that you fully understand the impact that social media can have on your business. You’re most likely connected on at least one or more of the social networking platforms, and if LinkedIn isn’t one of them – then you are truly missing out on a golden opportunity. It’s crucial to really grasp what LinkedIn can do for your business and to get on board with setting up or optimizing your profile.
A LinkedIn profile is so much more than just an online resume. LinkedIn currently boasts over 90 million members worldwide and, of all the social media platforms, is the most relevant in terms of business networking. Here are several ways, as cited in an article on RealtorMag, that you can utilize LinkedIn to the advantage of your real estate business:
1. Promote your events: You can effectively promote your business-related events via LinkedIn’s Events application. It’s simple to do, and once you’ve added your event, the system will automatically promote it to your LinkedIn network. And, each time someone in your network says they are attending your event, their network will receive an update to that effect and all of a sudden – your event is going viral! How’s that for promotional strategy!
2. Make Sure you get Recommended – a lot: Within the culture of LinkedIn, it’s commonplace to ask people for recommendations. You can ask clients, managers, employees and colleagues (past and current) for recommendations. The more recommendations you have, the more your credibility and authority grow and soon, you’ll look like the Superman (or Superwoman) of the real estate industry. LinkedIn maintains that users with recommendations are three times more likely to garner inquiries via LinkedIn searches than are users without recommendations. And, ensure that you recommend others as well!
3. Ask & Answer Questions: Display your expertise within the realm of everything real estate, by answering questions posted by other LinkedIn business professionals. This is truly your opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge, proficiency and wisdom! And, don’t be afraid to post open questions yourself – it puts the personable, “human” side of you out there.
4. Group Participation is Key: To enhance your networking, why not join an industry-specific group – or, better still, why not launch a real estate group of your own for others to join. Group participation allows you to contribute to discussions, answer & ask questions and really connect with others in the real estate industry.
5. Experiment with Different Applications: So many applications, so little time!! There are numerous applications available that offer add-on features that will enable you to enhance your profile, link your blog posts to your profile, etc. – a veritable feast of applications for you to experiment with!
You can really have some fun exploring all that LinkedIn has to offer in terms of marketing a successful real estate business. And, we’d like to help you fully understand and make the most of what you can do with LinkedIn. Why not join one of our Social Networking workshops. For a schedule of workshops in your area, please visit: