Most real estate and mortgage professionals understand the benefits of maintaining a blog. Connecting with customers helps keep your brand at the top of mind and helps bring in referrals. A blog makes your website easier to find, improves your SEO. It provides important material for Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn posts. An updated blog, appearing frequently in searches, immediately places you as a local expert knowledgeable about the real estate market.
Topics for a blog? As a professional dealing with real estate and mortgages, your world is homes. Everyone is interested in houses and wants to own one – or a better one. The popularity of home reno shows just proves this axiom. So topics for your profession are a breeze. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Home fashions
- Neighbourhood events
- Neighbourhood history
- Recent Neighbourhood Activity
- Community organizations
- Home renos: pick a room, pick a positive and a negative story, and add a short paragraph about monetary impact.
- Best and worst home condition stories
- Most unexpected inside of a house
- Tips for buyers
- Tips for sellers
- Financial facts
- Securing a mortgage, loan and financing options
- Specialty markets: 20 something’s, families, retired couples, handicapped concerns, investments, sports and other interests…
- Property Management
Alternate between information/ educational and entertainment. Move freely between topics. Some topics will be too long for one blog. Do not be afraid to include a ‘to be continued! And get that audience to come back for more. The rule of thumb is about 300 words (and so I will close very shortly).
The more information you provide online, the more you will be viewed as a knowledgeable local expert. Your readers will come to trust you, and when it’s time for them to make a move, you will be the professional they contact.